Tuesday 1 May 2012

New York, New York

So much fun at the Yankees game! We fit right in with cheese fries, hot dogs and beer, all decked out in our NY gear! haha Such an amazing trip with such an AMAZING guy <3 love him so much!

So much fun at the game!

So amazing!

One of my fave photos! Walking through Central Park!

Connor in front of Trump Tower!!

Walking back to our hotel after the game! Good thing we didn't get lost on the train ride!

Time Square at night!! So awesome!

On our way to a Yankees game! "All part of the experience" haha

First night there..after Mama Mia on broadway in Time Square!

8 am...just got off the train! So tired!
WOW! It has been super crazy busy in my life the past two weeks. I had exams and then I had to pack my entire room up (BY MYSELF) and drive home to Bedford for a night. The next morning (last wednesday) my sister, a friend, my boyfriend and I all headed off to visit my brother in Boston. Unfortunately his team was beat out of the playoffs in game 7, but THEN my boyfriend Connor and I headed off to NYC Thursday morning at 5 am! A few things I've learned on this trip first hand:
1. Staying up until 3am is not a good idea when you need to catch a train at 5 am!
2. Don't depend on your debit because nyc only takes credit or cash apparently!
3. Bring or buy walking shoes...I didn't know what I was in for HAHA (thanks con)
4. Bring an extra memory card + battery for your camjam...it WILL be needed..guaranteed!
5. Experiencing a Yankees game, decked out in gear with some cheese fries, a hot dog and couple of beers (while its freezing cold) is more than worth it! So much fun!!
6. The Greyline bus tours are awesome! So many things to learn about the city, it was incredible!
7. Central Park really is as beautiful as the movies!
8. The Statue of Liberty is not nearly as huge as it seems in the movies! But it's still pretty cool!
9. Soho is my absolute FAVE FAVE FAAAAAVE spot in the world! LOVED IT!
10. Try to look the least touristy you can so the people in time square wont hassle you to buy things! hahah...and it's an insult if they tell you to "go back to Jersey" apparently!

All in all it was an incredible trip! My boyfriend is the most amazingest person and I am so lucky that he took me to nyc and put up with my giddiness and my many complaints about walking so much ahaha! He is amazing! So while we were exploring through Soho, little italy and Chinatown I found this incredible boutique which I fell in love with! It's adorable! My fave spot in nyc FO SHO! I'll post a few pics some time this weekend (my camera chord is at home in bedford) and because todaaaay is MOVING DAY!! Exciting but a pain in the butt! So I should get back to loading up my jeep!

with love,

mel

No comments:

Post a Comment